20070402

Band Page Insert Custom Table (or Div) Under Friends

Inserting a custom section (Table or Div) under the Friends

This does NOT work on the standard page.

The below code block creates a div, above the comments and below the friendspace. I used a size of 700px wide, and 300px in height, and then shifted the div toward the center. You can change these values. The friendSpace stays to the right.

<span class="off">!-Start Block to create Custom Div Under Friends and Above Comments-!</span>

</td></tr></table>
</td></tr></table>

<div class="myD1" style="position:relative; top:0px; width:450px;">

<span class="off">! Custom Content: You can use a Table or a Div here. ! </span>
<div class="myD1" style="position:absolute; bottom:0px; right:50px;
width:700px; height:300px; border:3px green dashed;">

<span class="off">!START YOUR CUSTOM CONTENT HERE.
If right column length increases, this will automatically move down.
If left column length increases this will NOT move down.
If left column intersects this space, you can add a top margin to fix the problem!</span>

CUSTOM CONTENT HERE

<span class="off">!END CUSTOM CONTENT!</span>
</div>

<table class="off"><tr><td>
<table><tr><td>

<style>
{!- set below px value to the same value as the height of your custom div-!}
table.friendSpace {margin-bottom:300px;}
</style>

<span class="off">!-END Block to create Custom Div Under Friends and Above Comments-!</span>


You can replace the custom div (myD1) with a table if you want. Give it the same style clause I used for the div.

Blog Archive

About This Blog

I am in the process of moving my myspace content to this blog.
Right now it is split between 4 different blogs.
I started playing with myspace code customization in late February 2007 after my niece convinced me to get a page.
When I first started writing code for people, I had no intent of publishing any of it, or even writing as much as I did.

I do not claim that all of my code is better than anything else out there. I have come across a few pages with some pretty good code on them. But for the most part, the same exact codes, with the same side effects and same lack of comments exists on many many pages.
My code is my own. Only the very simple routines (those where the best solution is obvious) are the same as the masses. If I find something good out there, that I did not write myself, I will link to it instead of re-creating it.
First I will test it.